Due to our ongoing growth and projected future contracts, Grainger
Fire & Security are looking for an experienced engineer to join our successful team.
The successful applicant should be experienced in
commissioning large fire alarm systems and have a good knowledge of BS5839 /
HTM / and BS7671 with good knowledge of Advanced Electronics, Apollo Fire
Detection Devices. Knowledge of Morley, Notifier & Ziton ZP3 Systems would also be beneficial.
Salary negotiable. Mainly North West working but occasional nationwide
working will be required.
- Liaise with and take direction from the Contracts Manager and Site Supervisors to ascertain the Commissioning requirement/strategy for the project, in accordance with the technical
- Conduct factory acceptance testing / off site demonstrations to client and provide operator training based on the systems implemented.
- Work within project time constraints, identifying and communicating without delay any potential risks to the program delivery dates or technical solutions offered
- Document commissioning tests, utilise and modify project documentation e.g. project plans, cause and effects, general wiring diagrams to a consistently high level throughout the life of a project for inclusion in project O&M manuals or handover documentation to Service Department
- Conform to all site processes and procedures/RAMS etc
- Commissioning of systems. Including witness testing and demonstration
- Updating and maintaining system software/ graphics.
- Carrying out Fault finding / diagnostics / client reporting
- Advising and assisting with systems designs / establish C&E / conduct site surveys
- Maintain a log of any software and hardware defects and report back to the Contracts Manager.
- Be aware of and comply with the commissioning strategy and methodology.
- To understand and be an integral part of commissioning process with third party subcontractors and other engineers.
- Take responsibility for proving/testing system/software configuration activities and cause & effect functionality.
- Be aware of programme for commissioning activities against milestones.
- Undertake any relevant training as arranged by the Contract Managers.
- Ensure all relevant H&S requirements are complied with in accordance with current legislation and the procedures specified within the contract.
- Ensure compliance with the internal/site Quality Procedures.
- Be responsible for Health & Safety, ensuring Site conditions are Safe and
personnel/<span class=SpellE>sub contractors</span> are working in a safe
manner in accordance to RAMs.
Please send your CV to our Carrington Office or contact Andy Yates on 0161 7776700.